Learn more about how to work at Wilson Candy! These are our open positions:
Full-Time Seasonal Candy Maker / Cook
Wilson Candy Company – Jeannette, PA
Wilson Candy is a family owned and operated candy factory that has been providing high quality chocolates and candies since 1947. We are looking for a motivated candy maker / cook to join our team with a background in confections or baking. This team member will be responsible for creating our signature recipes and treats, including caramels, soft centers, marshmallows, toffee, and many other items.
- Maintain high production standards and food safety measures
- Follow established recipes for a variety of candies and confections
- Participate in forecasting and inventory of product levels
- Daily routine of cleaning kitchen and production space
- Enthusiasm to try new Ideas and recipes
- Assist in local deliveries and other manufacturing duties
- Knowledge and experience using industrial baking equipment
- Material handling and ordering for necessary recipes
- Ability and eagerness to learn all aspects of the candy making process
- Availability for overtime during busy seasonal times - Christmas, and Easter
- Must be able lift up to 75lbs.
- Reports directly to the owner
- Independent, self-starter
- Hardworking and reliable
- Attention to detail
- Works with high quality in mind
- Team oriented, with a can-do attitude
- Able to work daytime hours, M-F
- Previous candy making experience a plus
The seasonal production schedule is from September to June, with July and August off. Salary negotiable and dependent on working experience. Please send resumes to Rob Kane at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re qualified.